Posted on: 27 September 2022
If your home uses water from a municipal water source you probably think it is good, safe water. However, that is not always the case. The water treatment facility for municipal water often adds chemicals, like chlorine, to clean the water and make sure no bacteria remain in it. In addition, the pipes that carry the water from the treatment center to your home may have small cracks that allow for different minerals from the ground to get into the water. Considering the fact that chlorine is technically a poison, and some minerals are not good to imbibe and can damage your appliances, you need to know when to start looking for a water treatment system for your home. If you notice any of the following, it is time to start researching water treatments.
Quite often, the first thing you will notice if the water coming out of your faucets is tainted with something is bad taste. While chlorine is good for killing bacteria, it also leaves a bad taste in the water. Depending on where you live, there are regulations in place that determine how much chlorine can be added to the water to keep it safe. Unfortunately, the amount allowed is often too much to keep the water tasting good. In addition, if you can taste the chlorine, it probably is not as safe as you think it is.
If your home is on the older side, you may have lead pipes in your plumbing. The lead can leach into the water, causing health issues in the people who drink it, especially younger children. Even if you decide on filtering the water it would be a good idea to have any lead pipes replaced with something not harmful.
Different minerals in the water can cause your clothes to look dingy even after repeated washings. The only way to avoid this is with a whole house water filtration system. You will be surprised at how much cleaner your clothes look when you have clean water to wash with.
While an under-the-sink water filter is good for any water you drink or cook with, it does not help with the water in your tub or shower. If chlorine is your main concern remember that when you bathe the combination of the hot water and chlorine allows for more of this poisonous chemical to get into your body. If the water tastes bad, you should really go with a whole house water treatment system to keep everyone safe and healthy.
For more information, contact a water treatment service near you.Share